BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

30 January 2010

i'm crazy

i'm one of those crazy people who can't sit still, who can't work a 9-5 job, who can't settle for anything less than the apparently insane.

i don't dream concrete dreams. my dreams are fluid, based more on general principles and philosophies than specific aspirations. i once read a beautiful analogy which explained that some people have a dream like a tree. they tend to that tree, they pour their life out taking care of that tree. others, the minority, plant gardens instead. a little of this, a little of that, not taking too much time with any one specific plant but cultivating a little of whatever strikes their fancy. i am the latter, through and through. i've tried and tried and fought with myself to have a tree, but i've come to enjoy my garden. i'm thinking of all the little things i've grown and cultivated and i'm only twenty!

all that being said..

my family and i are opening a lunch and dinner cafe/espresso bar and it will open february 16. it's called the element cafe. everything is moving so quickly, yet so providentially that i have to believe it's from the hand of the lord. like there was actual purpose to me moving back here, in order to, well, cultivate one of the plants in my garden.

i've grown up a lot over the past year. i finally feel like i'm a not a kid anymore, and i actually like it. i needed the time away, out of my comfort zone, to mature a little. and this is going to be one enormous growing experience. there's going to be blood, sweat, and tears. and it's going to be beautiful.

there will be more info about the cafe soon, i'll have facebook page for it and everything very soon, so i'll keep you facebookers posted about that.

(ps http://bit.ly/a2iiuD )

6 thoughts:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Will this be at the old Brass Lantern? Or is it totally different?! They've needed a little cafe, coffee shop for a while. I know some have come and gone. But it can happen.

Gabi Dickinson said...

Wow.
This will be beautiful, I am sure.
I wish I could stop by!

Erin said...

I'm coming... I can't wait! :)

Beverlydru said...

I came over here when I saw your blog title. Love it!! Congrats on your new adventure. Sounds very exciting.

Emilee Shake said...

Whoa! I totally wrote something about the tree vs. garden thing once. Either someone else had the same thought, or you read that on my blog, which humbles me endlessly.

I've heard so many great things about The Element Cafe already. Looking forward to visiting soon.

Abigail (Hancock) Heaton said...

I really like your tree and garden example. I fully agree...I hope your wedding plans are coming along well my dear :) wish we could be there.