BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

17 February 2009

I don't want to live my life blindly following trends, believing what I believe because it's "cool" or matches a certain image I feel I need to live up to. Rather, I want to base my life around one Person, that is, Christ Jesus. I want to believe what He teaches regardless of whether it's "cool" and "trendy" or not. I don't want to feel like I need to project a certain image, fit into a certain demographic. The only image I want to reflect is that of Christ's.

Because, if you think about it, trying to fit a certain lifestyle or believe things because they're popular is simply selfishness. We want to feel good about ourselves, so we want to believe the things that will make people like us. And I'm tired of living like that. I want to live like I believe things whether or not people will like me because of them.

Is it possible to be so separated from your flesh to believe in something because you know that it's true, and not care whether people like you or agree with you or think you're cool and trendy because of it?

0 thoughts: