BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

17 August 2009

i wanna get kicked out of somewhere

you know, like the library here, or walmart. 'cause it wouldn't matter, i'm leaving in the morning!

of course, it all still feels like a dream. i honestly can't believe that this is really happening. it is impossible to describe the feeling of having (nearly) all of my belongings neatly packed in the back of my station wagon. in all actuality, i am currently homeless. and i think i'm supposed to feel freed, but the reality of it all hasn't actually sunk in yet.

tomorrow... the open road. windows down, music playing (or not playing, because sometimes silence is more meaningful than any music), driving my car further than it's ever been. i'm going back to the place i was born, even though i didn't live there for long, i still feel a connection (along with hating my parents for moving. well not, really, but still!). and i'll only be there for about six weeks before we move again, this time to north carolina to live with a family that's practically my own, but still isn't. it's going to be strange, but these are the kind of memories i want to have. i want good stories to tell my grandkids about my life. i don't want to tell them that i sat in indiana on my computer when i was young. i want to tell them how i saw things, felt things, experienced things.

the conventional, it's just not me. it leaves me burned out and depressed. but this, this wild crazy not settling down, everything up in the air manic life, that's me. and i love every moment of it.

1 thoughts:

Gabi Dickinson said...

''i want good stories to tell my grandkids about my life. i don't want to tell them that i sat in indiana on my computer when i was young. i want to tell them how i saw things, felt things, experienced things.''

Amen to THAT!
You're such a blessing to my world. Thankyou for shining His light so clearly!