BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

15 May 2009

"as the mirror caught your eye it was clear
you've had enough of these second tries
over and over again
it's time for change"
-darkroom


Einstein said that doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for a different result, is the very definition of insanity. But isn't that what we do everyday? The same routine, the same conversations, the same mindsets regarding everything... and then we wonder why we are tired and burnt out.

Somehow, we have to learn how to stop trying and how to start changing.

Change is essential to growth, but I'm afraid that I have become rather stagnant. But, it just takes a simple change, like a slight re-arrangement of priorities or a shifting of motive to stir up the murky waters of my mind. Of course, that means lifting my vision a bit higher, to Christ, and not focusing so much on my selfishness. And it's a process, that's for sure, and it's not likely to be over anytime soon.

But, that's the beauty of it. It's a journey, and there's a lot of pretty scenery and neat places to stop and explore along the way. I'm going to have fun with it, because I love God and none of this is drudgery.




0 thoughts: